1 happen or occur again; "This is a recurring story" [syn: repeat]
2 return in thought or speech to something [syn: go back]
3 have recourse to; "The government resorted to rationing meat" [syn: fall back, resort] [also: recurring, recurred]
EtymologyFrom etyl la recurro
- To happen again.
- The theme of the prodigal son recurs later in the third act.
- To recurse.
to happen again
- Finnish: toistua, uusiutua
- Japanese: 再発する(さいはつする, saihatsusuru)
- Portuguese: reocorrer
Recurring means occurring over and over and can refer to several different things:
- Recurring expense, an ongoing (continual) expenditure
- Curiously recurring template pattern (CRTP), a software design pattern
- Recursion, a computer programming subroutine/method/function that calls itself from within its body
- Recurring (album), a 1991 album by the British psychedelic-rock group, Spacemen 3
- Recurring decimal (or "repeating decimal"), a real number in the decimal numeral system in which a sequence of digits repeats infinitely
- Recurring dream, a dream that someone repeatedly experiences over an extended period of time
alternate, be here again, circle, come again, come and go, come around, come back, come round, come round again, come up again, continue, cycle, echo, go back, intermit, keep coming, occur often, oscillate, pulsate, pulse, react, reappear, reoccur, repeat, resound, resume, return, return to mind, reverberate, revert, revolve, roll around, rotate, turn, undulate, vibrate, wheel, wheel around